Monday, December 1, 2008

Virtual Console 12/1



Christ, I was dreading this. I have a lot of work to catch up on, and wasn't too thrilled with the prospect of playing whatever awful game Nintendo threw up on VC this week... and then I saw the list.



Metal Slug 2 is my favorite entry in one of my favorite series of all time. This is the one where they got everything right. From eating until you get fat ("Whoa, big!") to turning into a mummy, I never get tired of it.

But then there's the issue of Nintendo's incessant repackaging of games that are already available . What doesn't make one goddamn lick of sense is that you can get the Metal Slug Anthology for Wii and get Metal Slugs 1-6 and X (a redux of 2). Even the ones in that collection that aren't up to snuff (I'm looking at you, 4) are still good by most games' standards. You're much better off coughing up the $30 or less to just buy the disc version, cope with the random loading, and appreciate the best Contra-esque platform/shooters outside of Gunstar Heroes... and Contra.

No comments: